Physiological intelligence for personalised mobile healthcare solutions
The challenges faced by those responsible for providing care in hospitals and in the community is how to reduce overhead costs without putting patients at risk. The expectation for impeccable healthcare provision is at its highest whilst the capability to deliver is becoming squeezed due to socioeconomic factors such as an aging population, higher numbers of people diagnosed with chronic conditions, reducing numbers of physicians and a per capita reduction in available budget.
With this in mind the importance of automated, intelligent, regular patient monitoring technologies within the hospital and of extending care from the hospital to a community based setting cannot be undervalued.
Equivital™ products help create physiological intelligence for personalised mobile healthcare solutions. To see some of our case studies in this area (click here)
Benefits to making healthcare mobile and universally accessible
Mobile Health in the Hospital
- Save lives with early detection of a deteriorating patient in A+E, on the general ward or after surgery
- Reduce cost and risk
- Help stretched nursing staff with intelligised, up to date information on patient status
Mobile Health at Home
- By monitoring patients at home, physicians and hospitals can better manage their patient load, patients do not need to travel, and measurements are constant and less prone to error
- Personalised healthcare solutions can be created that work for the individual and as such empower the individual with more actionable information regarding care
- In elder care situations M2M connected solutions allow healthcare providers to better track the patient’s physical condition and give family members (who can live far away) additional peace of mind.
- In the case of chronic condition monitoring, the enhanced level of proactive, often intelligized management and patient participation can produce a reduction in:
- The number of physicians’ office visits
- Hospitalisation risk
- The length and quantity of hospital stays
- Patient mortality
If you are interested in partnership, product integration or have a new product development idea in this area please contact us. To find out about our up and coming product releases in this area please contact us.